« Home | Walpa Gorge and Reflections at Sunset » | Sunset on the Docker River Road... » | A full moon and Uluru at sunrise this morning... » | Green grass and water.... and cattle all over the ... » | Beautiful Uluru in the Rain.... » | Awakening from a rather long slumber in the desert... »

My first ever Chopper ride...

After putting it off for many years, I have finally taken to the skies above Yulara and Uluru... for my first ever ride in a helicopter. Nearly six months ago I won a 'helicopter flight for two' at the AAT Kings staff Christmas Party. With the voucher due to expire shortly, I decided to treat Astrid to a flight over Uluru and Kata Tjuta. It was a beautiful sunny day and the weather conditions were perfect. The half hour flight provided us with spectacular views of the amazing desert country where I live. Although I enjoyed the experience, I can happily tick this off my list now... and get back to enjoying life with two feet planted firmly on the ground!